Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Blog is Born

Today is the first day of the rest of my internet life.  I'm not really sure why I wanted to create a blog.  I suppose so that our family and friends can keep up with where we are, what we're doing, and how it's going.

I had been thinking of starting a blog for ages.  What was holding me back you ask?  The obvious:  a name.  How do you pick the perfect one? The perfect one. As a starting point, I asked my husband. Nothing. I asked my mother. Still nothing. I asked my friend Kelly from Louisiana.  And (as she put it) she was like a dog with a bone. In a matter of minutes she cranked out dozens of funny, witty, fitting names.  Our next step was to narrow our options and be realistic about what my unborn blog would contain.  So there you have it, the polished result:  "The Engineering Mama."  A little old blog about me, getting the most out of motherhood and life in general.  This blog isn't meant to be anything more than that.  It is sure to be filled with plenty of pictures of our little man and our exciting adventures.  More to come on our exciting adventures... I have so much to fill you guys in on and we have big plans for this Labor Day weekend... the last leg of our move! 

Little Man




3 comments:

  1. Wooooo Hooooooooo! I am so proud!! Can't wait to follow you on this journey. Love the picture of Boomer!! You realize this is gonna cause me to get the lead out and start one of my own..........
    Thanks for the shout out!! I am your neighborhood problem solver....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more. How was the adventure to the East Coast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title! Nice job. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...