Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baking Up A Storm!


This week I have been baking non-stop! I usually bake pretty often, but lately my sweet tooth has been in full force. Here's what I've been up to: 

Tagalongs
It was one of those nights where there was nothing to eat in the house. I was overdue for grocery shopping and craving something sweet. 

I am not sure where the inspiration came from but I took 2 Ritz crackers, sandwiched them with peanut butter and dipped them in chocolate almond bark. (I used one sleeve of Ritz and 4 squares of candy coating.) I popped them in the freezer for a few minutes and voila! I had a sweet treat that was actually really good! They tasted just like the Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies and only took 10 minutes start to finish. 



I hadn't planned on blogging about them, but once I tasted how delicious they were I had to share!! This is one of those, "stop-what-you're-doing-right-now-and-go-make-these" type of treat. You won't be disappointed! I think these are going to become a regular in the cookie rotation. 

Cake Batter Puppy Chow
I also made Cake Batter Puppy Chow. I mixed 8 oz if melted white chocolate over 4 cups of Rice Chex. Then I added it to a ziplock bag that contained 1c. White cake mix & 1/2c. pwd sugar and gave it a good shake. 

It is very yummy. It is very sweet with the white chocolate and cake mix. I can eat a handful at a time but can't eat the whole bag. (I would only make this if you LOVE cake batter. I probably won't make this again. I think I prefer the regular, old puppy chow recipe.)

My little helper loved stirring and shaking! I let him have the spoon when we were done. As you can see, he loved the white chocolate! 




Strawberry Cream Pie
We had friends over for dinner on Thursday so I whipped up a Strawberry Cream Pie. It is always a hit! Little man tried a bite and said, "mmm! mmm! mmm!" Then he proceeded to eat the rest of mine! 



I also made Chex Mix and Chocolate Fudge but we are them too fast for photos! 

Tomorrow is a big and exciting day for us! We find out if we are having a boy or girl in November!! I still think it is a girl so we will see if I am right. 

Here are three reasons I think it is a girl:
- I am not famished at all times like I was with little man
- My belly is quite round but I still don't need to wear maternity pants/shorts. I think it is because I am carrying this baby higher. With little man I was wearing maternity clothes right away. 
- All I want to eat is candy. And cookies. And milk shakes. With little man I wanted a meal, preferably one that started with chips and salsa and involved sour cream. This time around nothing sounds good to eat... except chocolate fudge or maybe strawberry pie. 

I will post tomorrow when I find out so be sure to check back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...