Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Working Complete!

Today is my first day not working! My engineering projects are all finished and my contract ended yesterday. The only thing I am doing now is growing a baby (and alligator wrestling a toddler).

I'm so glad I was able to work remotely as long as I did. It was easier when little man took two naps a day. Once we transitioned to one afternoon nap, it was harder for me to be in conference calls. Sometimes I would have to do whatever necessary to have peace and quiet in the background (and thank goodness for the MUTE button!) This usually meant tv, iPad and snacks. Last week during one of my calls he demanded croutons. Yes, croutons: seasoned pieces of bread you put on salads. I don't know why he wanted them but at that point my call was almost over so I went with it. Now that I am done working, we are back to having rules and eating croutons for mid-morning snack is no longer permitted. At least we were able to live it up, if only for a short time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...