Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pants Dilemma

We have a bit of a problem with our pants. Size 18 months is too tight in the belly. Size 24m/2T are too long. We have been rolling/cuffing but it doesn't seem to last and eventually we end up with no pants on! I decided to take matters into my own hands and hem baby clothes.

Pants are tooo long!

See, right there.  Too long.

It was easier than I thought it was going to be. I used a fold-over method so that I could remove the hem if needed.



I am NOT a good sewer. It takes me 30 mins reading, and re-reading the manual to figure out how to thread the bobbin. But this DIY was easy enough that even a beginner could do it! ... 13 pairs of pants later, project complete!
Newly hemmed pants, wohoo!

Perfect Length!


.

2 comments:

  1. His dad had a sock problem....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting elastic in the bottom works too esp for sweat pants/ pj pants etc etc....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...