Friday, November 30, 2012

Sofa Cleaning

We've had our couches for almost five years. Living with a dog, a toddler and mr Mr. has not made an easy life for them. We do our best to keep them clean, but being that they are made of microfiber suede -- cleaning leads to watermarks! The watermarks are impossible to get out. The more you clean, the worse they get.

So I did what any logical person would do and googled it. Sure enough, I found this amazing tutorial. (I vacuumed the cushions, sprayed them with rubbing alcohol, scrubbed with a scratchy sponge, let dry, then went over with a dry scrub brush to fluff the suede)  Surprisingly enough, it worked!! I followed the instructions exactly and voila! They turned out better than I could've imagined.

Before
After


And I even had a little helper! 



8 comments:

  1. I saw that online too. I wondered if it would really work. You should tell how or what you used. Share:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point. I edited the post a bit to include the steps I did. I've also linked the website I found it on. She has more detailed instruction

      Delete
  2. It looks great by the way. Is your helper for hire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will do anything for goldfish and apple juice!

      Delete
  3. Looks great! You two make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my sister tried this technique, which she found on Pinterest. And amazingly, it really worked! I was never a fan of microfiber materials because it is such a pain to maintain. But not after this! The part that I like most is scrubbing the couch with a dry brush. It’s just cool that it can make the bounciness come back just like that. :D And of course, your helper was so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be very thankful if you continue with quality what you are serving right now with your blog...I really enjoyed it...and i really appreciate to you for this....its always pleasure to read so....Thanks for sharing!!
    nettoyage de conduits d'air,nettoyage de meubles montreal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...