Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bath Painting

I made bath finger paints and they were really fun! I think I will be making these again soon!!

I mixed flour (approx 1/4 c) with a splash of water, stirred it into a paste. Next, I added no tears baby shampoo (generic cheapo brand) divided it up and added a drop of food coloring. I didn't go crazy with the food coloring because I didn't want it to stain his skin or the tub (luckily, it didnt stain either). I'm glad I went with the no tears shampoo instead of dish soap. There was quit a bit of paint splatter, paint in his hair, and by the end of it, we had one giant bubble bath.

The original recipe I saw called for corn starch (and no water). I would've gone this route but I couldn't find my corn starch. Substituting water and flour worked fine but wasn't as smooth as I think the corn starch might have been.

I think next time I will use 3 individual containers instead of one that is divided up. Before long, this one was dumped into the bath and the container water logged. I think a smaller containers might be easier for him to hold.

The paint brush was the star of the show. He really liked stirring and using the brush to paint.




Before long, he had dumped out all of the paint and playing with the bubbles.  He took the painting very seriously. He was very focused...  but pouring the water really got him laughing!


Here are two videos of him playing because I know the grandmas (and grandpas) just can't get enough of this little guy!





1 comment:

  1. You're so creative! We can't get enough of him either! Love it & him :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...