Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cereal Milk

Confession: I cannot get my little guy to drink milk. Not whole, skim, chocolate or strawberry. We've tried calling it different names, putting it in opaque cups, using special straws. Nothing. He spits it out, appalled. He makes faces, throws his cup on the ground and says, "No!" (...or sometimes, "No! No! No!")

This has been ongoing for 7 months with (obviously) zero luck. Luckily, he loves yogurt and cheese so we keep him eating those.  But it's not enough.  I need this child to drink milk!

There is ONE way he will consume milk - on his ONE favorite cereal: Cinnamon Chex. He slurps the milk up like a pro and will even drink it from the bowl. While it is a small victory, it is not one to be ignored!!



He is saying Num Num Num which translates to Yummy!


4 comments:

  1. Charles S. once told me there is more calcium in a serving of brocoli than a glass of milk. And even skim milk is FULL of sugar. Don't stress. If he doesnt want, dont make him. Bet he starts drinking it once you stop pushing it! :)
    Water and a vitamin are probably better sources of nutrients anyway. But, hey, I let Katie eat a popsicle for breakfast this morning- so what do I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I recently switched to plain almond milk. I love it! Coconut milk is good, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tired sprinkling cinnamon in his milk??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not as much the nutrients in milk it's the good fats in whole milk that aid in brain developments for his age group...I don't think Little Mans brain development is suffering in the least...what a smart boy! You keep trying and that's all you can do...you've found a way for him to enjoy it so you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...